Participants will learn the three parts of an effective Media Relations Interview: Preparation for the interview, conducting the interview and interview evaluation. The seminar presents techniques for delivering, effective 10-12 second media soundbites that bridge to your key messages every time you speak to reporters.
Additionally, the four tenets of effectively dealing with the Media: Accessibility-Honesty-Humility and Accountability will be discussed during the workshop.
1. How to prepare yourself and others for the media standup interviews.
2. The 3 C's-Control, Competence & Concern- of an effective Media Interview.
3. The importance of developing at least three main talking points and three supporting messages.
4. The importance of and how to effectively use non-verbals.
5. KISS it with words & how to use them correctly during your interviews.
6. How to create effective key messages that your audiences remember always! Using the 27-9-3 Command Messaging Technique.
7. Bridging to your key messages every time.
8. Listen-Pause-Think-Answer Method.
9. Effective Opening Statements of 35-50 seconds.
10. How to deliver effective closing statements that get aired.
11. How to handle hostile reporters questions?
12. 5-G X 5-B X 5-U questions & answers.
13. How to STOP when you're finished!
14. How to evaluate the effectiveness of your interview-Credibility-Accessibility and Believability.